Online learning can transform the learning process for teachers and students, and successfully implementing and utilizing it can be challenging. As educators throughout the world are moving to digital formats in response to school and district closures, having access to online learning resources, tips, and strategies can be critical in helping students move forward in their education.
We at Where Learning Clicks have spent years working with educators to develop and improve their online learning experience. We’ve learned a lot along the way, and have published articles to help other educators successfully transition to online learning. Below, you’ll find several articles full of online learning resources, tips, and strategies to help make this transition easier, and support students, educators, and parents in this stressful time.
Online Learning Resources, Tips, and Strategies for Educators
- 6 Tips for Online Learning During a School Closure: Even though online learning isn’t new to everyone, this instructional landscape is, and these tips can help ease the transition.
- Change Management: 3 Tips to Get Teachers On-Board with EdTech: For educators for whom online learning is new, clearly defining roles and expectations is key.
- Considerations for Student Success: This downloadable flyer shares our recommendations for helping set students up for success with online learning (and is good for sharing with parents!).
- Setting Online Learning Goals with Students: Setting learning goals can help ensure students are making progress, even with less interaction with their teachers.
- Academic Integrity and Online Learning [Infographic]: Maintaining academic integrity can be challenging, and fortunately, technology offers some extra tools to help do this.
- Celebrating Student Success in Online Learning: Continuing to celebrate learning successes and milestones is a great way to maintain a sense of normalcy (this article is also great for sharing with parents).
Resources for Parents
- 5 Questions to Help Parents Implementing Online Learning at Home and 5 Questions Answered: How Can Parents Help with Online Learning Success?: As schools close, the weight of student progress falls heavily on parents, and these tips can help ease the burden.
- Helping Students Work through the Challenges of Online Learning: Transitioning to online learning can be challenging for students, but with a little planning and help, making this change can be easier.